Wednesday 3 June 2020

A pulmonary physician on what it's like to treat Covid-19 patients

‘I did not think much about my risk. Doctors are always at some risk of contracting a disease. However, that changed when I was exposed to a COVID-19-positive patient without my personal protective equipment for a considerable period of time and in close proximity. I questioned my "recklessness" in examining the patient (who did not exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms) and my ability to infect my family and other patients. I felt guilty and foolish for putting myself and my family in such a position. It was not a good day. One of my colleagues had even written a living will, just in case.’ 

Read here (Asia Society, June 3, 2020)

Worst ever Covid variant? Omicron

John Campbell shares his findings on Omicron.  View here (Youtube, Nov 27, 2021)